Who would imagine that video games – a form of entertainment,Guest Posting now called edutainment (education + entertainment) – could improve the minds of those that play them! The truth is that amid all the cool graphics, the fantastic music, and the intriguing plots, learning opportunities are abound – and to find them, one only needs to pay them a little attention. Playing physical games improve one’s physical fitness, while playing video games can improve one’s mental abilities.
1. Video games improve strategic thinking. Many video games require its player to make decision two or three steps ahead of a current situation. With constant play and exploring various options, players can quickly learn to think strategically and apply it to real world opportunities.
2. Video games improve problem solving. Almost all video games have some problem for a player to solve. Playing video games is a proven method to improve problem-solving skills. In real life, we might give up if we felt there is no solution to a problem. In a video game, we know that there is a definite solution or an end to a problem. Therefore, a player continues to try to reach the end goal. In just one game, a player may solve anywhere from three to a hundred or more different problems without even knowing about them.
3. Video games improve hand and eye 한국야구실시간 coordination. If you find this hard to believe, pick up a game controller and try to manoeuvre around the game. Manipulating a game controller demands the same skills that it takes to manoeuvre a mouse around a computer screen. In many games, a player needs respond to a situation quickly and it requires quick thinking and coordination.
4. Video games facilitate quick decision-making. One quality of video games that lends to quick decision making is its impromptu situations and surprise elements. To win however, players must be able to make smart decisions within a very short amount of time. A player is rewarded for good decisions and is punished for bad decisions. This forces a player into making quick but right decisions.
5. Video games spark the imagination. Some people claim that video games take away from the imagination because games supply the mind with things instead of encouraging the mind to come up with these things on their own. Bear in mind that these are the same people who say a stack of blocks is sufficient to grow a child’s imagination. Of course, we could not disagree more. Imagery in video games may not be real world, but they provide with real world like experiences and thrill. Don’t we all like cartoon animations? The imagery in video games only sparks the imagination and lets it to fly.